Sunday 3 February 2008

Bad Luck Bad Luck, Go Away

I'm not talking about today. I must say that 27th JAN 2008 (yes, my birthday) is the most unlucky day in my life. Okay, I may over exaggerated BUT it was an unlucky day for me. I almost missed my flight that day. Ishhh.

I needed to get to London Stansted Airport for my flight which is at 6.30pm. I bought the coach ticket beforehand which will depart at 1.15pm and reach at 4pm. Then I will have plenty of time before check-in and boarding. Well, that's what I planned then. However, things are not going well on that day itself.

I woke up early that day and even reach the bus stop 10minutes earlier as I'm afraid that I'll miss the bus to the coach station which is at my Uni. The bus is suppose to be there at 12.50pm BUT it wasn't. I waited and waited. 10minutes passed. Then 20. Then 30. This is the first time that the bus was this late. I had no choice but to call for a taxi. The taxi came in a short time but still not fast enough as I had already missed the coach. This is the first time that I hated UK's bus. Damnnn.... Anyway, that's my first unfortunate event of the day.

Then I went to the library where I accidentally bump my finger to the rail with my luggage causing it to BLEED!!  Damnnn... I then surfed the net to check the timetable for the coach or train and also checked-in online for the flight (which is lucky that I did). Found out that there's a train to the airport at 2.15pm so i called for a taxi again as I do not trust the bus anymore. HOWEVER, this time its the taxi that let me down. Usually, they are really fast after you called them but I don't know why I had to wait for almost 15minutes for the taxi. So again, I missed the train. 

The next train will be at 3.15pm and reach the airport at 6pm!! My flight is at 6.30pm. I bought it anyway as I don't have any other choices. At that moment, I had a mixture of emotions. Frustration, anxiety, sadness, nervousness... All rolled into one. Like seriously, how can this happened right? Its my BIRTHDAY!!  How can one be so damn unlucky on her birthday, right?

I kept calling Fab and telling him my misfortunes. Haiii. Damn sad wehh. I was damn worried that I will miss my flight. I told him that I heard from my friend that once you had 3 misfortunes, your luck will change. So since I had so many that day I prayed that good luck is now by my side. For the first time, I hope that the flight is delayed. See how desperate I was. Aikz...

I reached the airport at 6pm and I ran like hell into the airport. I was shocked at what I saw. The queue at the security is so freaking long. I panicked. Will I be able to make it? I was now this close. By the time I went past the security, its already 6.15pm. Checked for the gate which display that its FINAL CALL now. I then ran like a lunatic to my gate. AND I MADE IT!! Turns out that I'm not alone. haha... There were a few people who were there with me.

I quickly looked for a seat and not long after that, the plane started to move. I was so happy that I made it just in time. All the frustration, anxiety went away. What's left was anticipation.  Oh, and hungriness. Just manage to have a croissant and hot choc for lunch. My luck definitely did changed after that and hope that it will be here to stay. *fingers crossed*

No comments: