Saturday 16 February 2008

Its all good

First thing first, my internet is up and running again. No problems for now. Just experiencing some slow connections here and there but overall its all good. Pheww. Guess I complained too much huh. haha. Had a little problem but complain like hell. *smiling sheepishly* 

Its Valentine's Day yesterday. So HAPPY belated Valentine's DayI know I know. Where got people wish belated valentine but hey, its my blog. I can write what I want. Once again, I'm alone on V Day. I' m actually ok for not celebrating it as I never really had a proper celebration of it before. Don't you think that V Day has become too commercialized nowadays. Flowers, food and stuff are charged way higher than they normally do. So I strongly object people buying me flowers on V Day as I think its a complete waste of money -- I sounded so not romantic. haha. I mean seriously, a RM1 rose becomes RM10?? I would love to receive CASH instead -- now I sounded damn realistic. *laugh* BUT I don't mind receiving little surprises every once in a while. 

However, being able to be with your loved ones (be it bf/gf/family/friends) is considered the best gift. I think. haha. It makes you feel blessed. contented. loved. I know I am blessed with many wonderful people who loves me. *beaming* So no matter who you are, always remember that you are loved by at least 1 person. Makes those who are still SINGLE feeling alot better isn't it?? is it?? *wondering*


****

Today is also the ninth day of CNY meaning its the Jade Emperor's birthday aka Ti Kong Seh (hokkien). So last night, almost all the Chinese Penangites that I know will Pai Ti Kong (praying to the Jade Emperor). Correction, Buddhist-Chinese-Hokkien-Penangites. haha. This is because its more of a custom of  Hokkien people. ( I have to explain a little just in case people who don't know about it come across my blog. haha) You will hear the sound of firecrackers everywhere. Sugarcanes at people's door. Table full of offerings. Every family members will be home. In my case, my parents will have steamboat where their friends will come over to join us. Of course, there'll be gambling involves. Its CNY. Who doesn't gamble? The prayer will only starts when the clock strikes 12.

Its actually kinda fun. I remember looking forward to it every year when I'm young (actually still do). haha. I missed it for 3 years now I think. Too bad.

Anyway I was left speechless by SOMEONE last night. 

A : What are you doing now?
B : Online lor. What else?
A : Ohhh. You online Pai Ti Kong is it?
B : Your head laa
A : What website? Is it Paitikong.com?
B : =_="'  *speechless*

Ishhh.. I know I don't get to pray and you are having fun there. You don't have to rub it in.

My mum called me too. Chatted for a while with her and my dad. It seems like the topic of the day is my bro's new gf. hehe. Speaking of which, he's now in Koh Samui. I've been wanting to go there with my gang for so long now but always plan tak boleh jalan. Nevermind, we'll go when I'm back k. Deal? 

No comments: