Thursday 1 January 2009

So, its 2009 already?!

Its that time of the year again.

Parties.
Countdowns.
Fireworks.
Auld Lang Syne being played, bidding the year goodbye and usher in the New Year.

I was in London this time last year.



I wouldn't say it was a good experience 'cause it was too crowded.
The underground around London Eye was closed 1 or 2 hour before the countdown and only reopened around 1 or 2am (i forgot).
It took me a long time just to get back to my hostel.
The worst thing was, the fireworks weren't that spectacular either.
And maybe i was too far away from London Eye, the atmosphere wasn't that great too.

I expect that people will cheer and wishes people around them "HAPPY NEW YEAR!".
I mean, that's what people normally do and what i did back home.
But i got nothing.
Everyone just stand and watch the fireworks.

Maybe if i was standing nearer to the Eye, it will be better but who knows.
I don't even feel like going there again this year.
Well, i never like crowded places to begin with. *shrug*

So i am now welcoming 2009 in my room while updating my blog.
I.Should.Just.Go.And.Get.A.Life! *sigh*
My life is so pathetic that even i pity myself. *indulged in self-pity*

Ok, enough of self-pity.
What was i saying again?
Ohya, time passes by so fast that its freaking scary.
2008 is over just like that.

My 2008 was not a great one but it wasn't that bad either.
Lots of things had happened.

I had my share of ups --

Visited lots of places in the Europe.
Made new friends.
Experience the student life in UK.

and downs --

Lost someone who is very dear and precious to me.
Someone whom i love and respect alot.
It still saddens me when i think about it.


Anyway, lets all hope that this year will be much better than last.
HAPPY NEW YEAR people!

No comments: